What can you do to ensure your skin is healthy and glowing this winter? Cosmetic Nurse Lisa shares her skincare advice in our latest blog.
As the dark nights set in and the temperature drops to freezing, the winter months can be harsh and sometimes damageing to your skin. With our skincare tips, you can reduce the stress of winter and leave your skin glowing and feeling fresh.
- Introduce healthier foods to your diet. What you eat can have a big impact on your skin. Improve your daily intake by eating foods that are high in antioxidants. Fruit and vegetables and healthy fats from fish will also help create a varied and balanced diet.
- Make the most of the dark wintery evenings and treat yourself to an early night. This can reduce the circles under your eyes and leave your skin glowing.
- It’s easy during the winter months to turn to a hot drink to keep warm. So instead of reaching for the coffee, try and switch to herbal tea which can help fight dehydration.
- Remove your make up as soon as you get in from work to give your skin the time it needs to breathe. Try and stick to moisturisers and toners that are good for dry skin, we recommend ZO Skin Health products that have been designed to transform your skin.
- Treat yourself to a Hydrafacial. It’s no wonder this is a celebrity favourite, six facials in one to deep cleanse, exfoliate, extract and infuse. No matter your age, type or tone, you will be left with bright, vibrant skin. If you book a hydrafacial for December you will receive a complimentary perk lip or eye treatment.
- Alcohol can often play a big part during the Christmas period, so swap the sugary drinks for a clear alcohol. If this isn’t working, have a regular glass of water throughout the night, this can also help keep the hangover at bay!
At LASE we are committed to providing individual skincare solutions tailored to suit your skin type and desired results. Using only the very best products on the market and administered from our brand-new clinic in Jesmond, on the outskirts of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Because of our expertise across surgical and non-surgical treatments, the team at LASE is uniquely positioned to determine whether surgical or non-surgical procedures are the best option for you as an individual.
Request a consultation to receive individual advice for your skincare this winter and throughout the year.