Erbium YAG laser is a type of laser used for various skin rejuvenation procedures. It works by delivering controlled laser energy to the skin’s surface to target specific skin issues and stimulate the body’s natural healing response. Here’s how erbium YAG laser rejuvenates the skin:
- Resurfacing: Erbium YAG lasers are known for their ability to resurface the skin. The laser energy is absorbed by the water in the skin’s tissues, causing the targeted layers of skin to vaporise or ablate. This precise removal of the outermost layers of damaged or aged skin reveals fresh, younger-looking skin underneath.
- Stimulating Collagen Production: The heat generated by the laser also stimulates the production of collagen, a protein that helps maintain the skin’s structure and elasticity. Collagen production tends to decrease with age, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. By promoting collagen growth, the erbium YAG laser helps improve skin texture and tightness.
- Wrinkle Reduction: Erbium YAG laser treatments can effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As the old, damaged skin is removed, and collagen production increases, the skin becomes smoother and more youthful.
- Scar Reduction: This type of laser can be used to improve the appearance of scars, including acne scars and surgical scars. It works by removing the scarred tissue and promoting the growth of healthier skin in its place.
- Hyperpigmentation and Sun Damage: Erbium YAG lasers can target areas of hyperpigmentation, such as age spots, sun spots, and uneven skin tone. The laser energy breaks down the excess pigment, allowing it to be gradually eliminated by the body.
- Minimised Downtime: Compared to some other laser resurfacing treatments, erbium YAG laser procedures typically have a shorter downtime. Recovery time can vary depending on the depth of treatment and individual factors, but it is generally shorter than with CO2 lasers, for example.
It’s important to note that erbium YAG laser treatments should be performed by trained and experienced medical professionals, as the depth and intensity of the treatment can be customised to address specific skin concerns. Multiple sessions may be required for optimal results, and post-treatment care, including sun protection and skincare, is crucial to maintain the benefits of the procedure and minimise potential side effects like redness and swelling. Consultations at LASE Cosmetic are complementary and can help determine if erbium YAG laser rejuvenation is suitable for your skin type and concerns.
About LASE Cosmetic
LASE Cosmetic is a luxury cosmetic clinic operating in the North East specialising in surgical and non-surgical procedures. Our ethos is to offer the very highest standards of patient care and service while, at the same time, adopting evidence-based cosmetic treatments that allow our patients to benefit from modern techniques and perhaps avoid the need for traditional general anaesthetic-based, overnight surgery, providing the best plastic surgery in Newcastle.
At LASE’s clinic in Jesmond in central Newcastle-upon-Tyne, you can expect the very best in advanced cosmetic treatments, many of which are exclusive to us in the North East.
At the heart of everything the clinic offers is the welfare of the patient – the team will always cross-refer between our surgical and non-surgical capabilities to ensure the patient is given the best advice on cosmetic surgery in Newcastle upon Tyne.